Our client, a highly progressive food processor, seek an experienced Site Technical Manager to lead the site technical function at their facility near Bedford.
Reporting to the Site General Manager, the Technical Manager will be a key member of the Site Management team and contribute to the Strategy, Progress and Development of the business. The post-holder will co-ordinate activities ensuring legality, safety and quality of products to meet production and customer targets. They will keep the rest of the management team aware of any issues regarding food safety, legality and customer complaints and, when necessary, make sure that appropriate corrective actions are taken.
To ensure the general implementation, and understanding, of the:
- Quality Policy through the Group and Site Quality Manuals.
- HACCP System
- Day and Night Hygiene
- Food standards in respect of safety, legality, and customer requirements
- Food standards in respect of food accreditation bodies
- Health and safety required standards through the department.
- To hold general responsibilities for:
- Food safety, legality and quality
- Reviewing the Site Quality Manual, Legislation, HACCP, internal audits to ensure they remain adequate and relevant
- Controlling and analysing the trends of generic issues regarding food safety, legality and quality, internal and external auditing, customer complaints, and ensuring that remedial action is taken to ensure the issue does not occur again.
- To ensure that appropriate resources are available and used most effectively.
- To ensure that each member of the department has had the appropriate training and competence, discipline and morale to achieve their goals.
Note: The above list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be asked to carry out other duties within your capabilities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent; preferably in a Food related discipline
- Proven track record of technical management in a highly pressurised food environment. (Ideally this experience will have been gained within the meat industry.)
- You will boast excellent interpersonal, communication and people management skills, including the ability to recognise training and development needs.
- Experience of quality systems including BRC
- Experience of changing / improving internal standards and product quality improvement
This is an exceptional opportunity for a self motivated, high performing, hands-on individual looking to develop their career. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary (dependent on skills and experience) plus benefits. You will also enjoy all of the development benefits that come with working for a large multi-site operator..
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited are meat industry specialists. This vacancy is just one of a number of vacancies that we are working in this sector – please get in touch for further details.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.