£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Our client supply high quality, multiple award-winning convenience products to the retail, food service & manufacturing sectors right across Wales. In order to continue to deliver on their ambitious growth plans, they seek an experienced and passionate Technical & NPD Manager to join their senior management team.
Reporting to the Operations Director, and with responsibility for a Technical Assistant and the Hygiene teams across 2 closely located sites, the Technical & NPD Manager will be tasked with:
- Ensuring the company maintains BRC, Red Tractor and all other required audit ratings across both manufacturing sites
- Improving Product Quality (with a focus on complaint reduction)
- Maintaining legal compliance and enhancing Technical Standards & Food Safety Policies
- Maintaining & developing the New Product Development process
- Ensure all staff are aware of, and trained in, the above
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in a Technical Management / Quality Management role within the meat / chilled / frozen food industry (working to BRC Version 7 & Red Tractor standards)
- Previous NPD experience or exposure desirable
- Strong administrative, record keeping & reporting skills and strong numerical and statistical ability and an aptitude for analysis (knowledge of Excel & Word is essential)
- HND / Degree in Food Science / Technology or related discipline
- HACCP Level 3 (4)
- Food Hygiene Qualification
- Internal Auditing courses desirable
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a very competitive package that includes a basic salary of circa £40,000 (dependant on skills and experience), mobile phone and laptop. This is a rare opportunity to join a business which has enjoyed 5 years of on-going growth and continues to experience increased demand from the multiple retailer sector. The business has reinvested in the expansion of capacity, and their site management team, and they are determined to continue to improve the support for their current customer base and to deliver further new business and products. The business are well-established (with 30 years trading history) and have a strong Brand and a fantastic reputation for quality products produced to a consistently high standard.
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited are a specialist food industry recruiter. This vacancy is one of a number of vacancies that we are working in the sector – please get in touch for further details.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.