We are currently seeking a hygiene manager or similar with strong technical experience to join the team at a food manufacturing company based in the East Midlands. The role will manage the hygiene function on site across all shifts, ensuring the optimum standards of hygiene and cleaning are always upheld. The role will report into the General Manager in a fast-paced, tight timescale facility.
As Hygiene Manager you will be responsible for
• Co-coordinating, managing, auditing and improving (where necessary) the complete Hygiene operation.
• Working closely with other departments with regards to resources, requirements and schedules for planned cleaning
• Managing resources to ensure effective performance ensuring full staffed hygiene shifts and ensure employee issues and incidents are dealt with effectively to maintain relationships, teamwork and mutual co-operation.
For the position of Hygiene Manager, we are interested in a Hygiene Manager who can:
• Control & manage site team and advise site management on all aspects of hygiene.
• Be the site contact for liaising with service providers and proactively advising on safe & effective controls, in food manufacturing environments
• Co-ordinate, manage & audit, for efficiency, the cleaning of process areas, storage & manufacturing services; to ensure hygiene standards in accordance with site, Company & legal standards, BRC or customer requirements & industry best practices
The ideal applicant will have a background in Food Manufacture/ Food Science/ Technology/ Microbiology and/or strong formal food hygiene qualifications. They should offer excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
In return for meeting the above criteria the successful candidates will be rewarded with a salary of £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience.
45-hour week - Monday to Friday day shift
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited is a specialist food industry recruiter. This vacancy is just one of several vacancies that we are working in the sector – please get in touch for further details.
We are keen to talk to anyone who have had experience in roles such as, Hygiene Manager, Hygiene Team Leader, Hygiene Supervisor, Hygiene Coordinator HSQE Supervisor, HSQE Manager, Site Hygiene Manager ideally within food manufacturing.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Keywords: Food, Dairy, Bakery, Meat, Beef, Pork, Lamb, Fresh Produce, Salad, Vegetable, High Risk, Low Risk, Frozen, Ambient, Chilled
Commutable from - Leicester, Burton on Trent, Derby, Loughborough, Leicestershire, Nottingham, Beeston, Oakham, Mackworth, Belper, Ashbourne, Burton upon Trent, Ashby – de – la – Zouch, Mickleover.