Our client, a renowned multi-site food manufacturer with a large facility in North Ayrshire, have an exciting opportunity for a highly driven Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Site Operations Manager, and working closely with the Group Health and Safety Manager, you will help drive forward all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental issues on the North Ayrshire site as well as a smaller satellite site.
The HS&E Manager will develop and implement Health and Safety best practice, ensuring the Company complies with current Health and Safety legislation and approved codes of practice.
- Ensure the Company's Health and Safety Policy is implemented consistently.
- Monitor, evaluate and review H&S Policy and Practice (and develop and implement new policy and procedure documents as required.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a Health and Safety Action Plan
- Identify and meet employee training needs in relation to Health and Safety.
- Develop and deliver training sessions for managers and frontline employees.
- Consult employees on Health and Safety issues
- Advise the Management Team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance across the organisation.
- Work with managers and staff to ensure risk assessments are prepared and reviewed as necessary.
- Assist line managers in implementing Health and Safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and the control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), in a consistent and effective manner.
Essential Requirements for the role:
- Practical experience of H&S in a fast paced Food Manufacturing environment including contact with appropriate external organisations
- Qualified to a minimum of Diploma level in Health and Safety (NEBOSH or IOSH).
- Passionate about Safety, Health and the Environment, able to influence at all levels and facilitate change
- Experience of delivering training.
- PC literate, able to present information coherently, accurately and persuasively
- Good understanding of Environmental law
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Applicants must be dynamic, positive and highly motivated
- A passion for people and developing them
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
In return for meeting the above criteria the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to focus on Training and H&S in a varied role in an exciting and positive work environment.
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited are a specialist food industry recruiter. This vacancy is one of a number of vacancies that we are working in the sector – please get in touch for further details.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.