Engineering Team Leader
Monday – Friday (Days)
Are you a skilled and highly motivated Engineer with strong leadership skills?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced manufacturing environment?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
This could be the role you have been looking for…
We are actively recruiting for an Engineering Team Leader to join this hugely successful multi-site manufacturing business at their location near Clay Cross, Derbyshire.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Team Leader will be responsible for the day to day leadership of a team of engineering technicians.
- Support the Engineering Manager to deliver the Key Objectives and KPI’s for Operations
- Take the lead on site projects.
- Work closely with the engineering technicians to ensure proactive, preventative and predictive maintenance is carried out.
- Manage and supervise all engineering activities processed and developed within the Work Management process.
- Continually develop an environment that promotes constructive involvement and engagement for the Engineering team.
- Play a key leadership role in the ongoing development and management of the Asset Care programme.
- Work collaboratively with the Planner / Scheduler and Reliability Engineer - to identify and rectify issues whilst Improving the standards of the department
- Maintaining high standards within Environment, Health & Safety, Housekeeping, Performance, Waste, Communication and Continuous Improvement.
- Liaise with the team to ensure effective communication within the Engineering Department and with other internal customers.
- BTEC Level 3 (ONC) in an Engineering discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in engineering production support
- Significant leadership experience
- The ability to demonstrate how our corporate values will be applied in the workplace: Caring, Challenging, Trusted, Responsive & Tenacious
- Ability to make decisions in a pressurized environment with a proven track record of performing at a high level in a fast-paced Customer Service & Commercial environment
- Safety conscious
- ONC/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment and continuous improvement of tools and techniques
- Experience of leading a team/people management skills
- Working knowledge of SAP systems
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established multi-site packaging company with a world class reputation.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive starting salary in the region of £45-50,000 (dependent on skills and experience) plus a range of excellent benefits.
This role could be suitable for you if you have prior experience as an: Engineering Team Leader, Engineering Supervisor, Engineering Shift Manager, Engineering Manager