Are you an experienced Engineering Shift Manager / Engineering Team Leader / Engineering Supervisor?
Are you looking for a new role in the FMCG / Food Industry?
Are you looking for a predominantly Mon-Fri Days Only role? (occasional Weekends / On Call)
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Engineering Manager to engage, inspire and lead the small (4-5 people) Engineering team at a Food Manufacturer near Bedford.
You and your team will deliver planned, predictive and reactive maintenance. You will also identify improvements to benefit the site, reduce downtime.
- Lead, coach and motivate the Multiskilled Engineering team on your shift
- Manage performance and continually develop your engineering colleagues to ensure the team are properly trained and able to perform their roles to the best of their ability
- Lead all engineering activities / systems including preventative, predictive, reactive and continuous improvement works
- Communicate priorities and consult / influence stakeholders across the site
- Manage external contractors
Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday, (Days Only) there will be occasional weekend work required / oncall. This is a full time, permanent role.
- Qualified Engineer in an appropriate Engineering discipline (ONC or equivalent)
- Relevant experience in both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering;
- Proven track record of managing and developing teams with varying degrees of engineering experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing delivery of Planned, Predictive & Reactive Engineering
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence (at all levels)
- Able to manage competing priorities, analyse problems and data to identify solutions (against tight deadlines)
- Experience of working in a food environment (or similar)
- Ammonia / Refrigeration experience would be an advantage. As would prior experience of effluent plant.
- Able to work at height, as required
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive starting salary (dependent on skills and experience) plus benefits plus overtime. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established multi-site food processing company who are one of the market leaders in their sector.
This role may be suitable for people with experience as any of the following: Shift Engineering Manager, Engineering Team Leader, Head of Engineering, Lead Engineer, Engineering Manager
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited is a specialist food industry recruiter.
This vacancy is just one of a number of vacancies that we are working in the sector – please get in touch for further details.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.