Are you an experienced, skilled and enthusiastic Butcher?
Do you have a passion for delivering high end product?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Butcher to join the team at one of the world’s leading international fine food specialists at their UK base near East Acton, London.
The business proudly partners with some of the world’s finest producers – supplying a meat offering which includes the highest quality USDA, Japanese and Australian Wagyu and British dry aged meats.
Once appointed the Butcher will use their knowledge, skills and experience to deliver high quality meat products to High End London Foodservice Clients and Online Customers.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Deboning, trimming, portioning and preparing.
- Due diligence for traceability, health and safety, food safety and hygiene – in line with BRC Standards.
- Checking quality and specification of all incoming meat products.
- Delivering an outstanding experience to all customers.
- Proactively sharing product information with the team and with customers.
- Stock control / FIFO.
- Adherence to strict HACCP Guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong knife skills.
- The ability to Bone, Cut, Tie and Portion Control.
- A passion for food.
- Keen eye for presentation.
- Prior experience of using a bandsaw.
- Prior experience of preparing bone-in cuts – such as Cote de Boeuf and Tomahawks.
- Knowledge of warehouse stock control / FIFO
- Excellent communication skills – at all levels.
- Computer literacy.
- Be honest, reliable and dedicated.
This is a full-time position, DAYS ONLY. You will work 5 days from 7 (including Weekends).
The successful candidate will be joining a great company with an excellent reputation in their sector and a strong customer base. In return for meeting the above criteria the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary in the region of £35,000-40,000 (remuneration dependant on skills and experience) plus additional benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that is truly passionate about food, with ambitious plans for the future, at a key stage in their development.
Commutable from: Southall, Edgware, Brentford, Richmond, Ealing, Wembley, Cricklewood
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited are meat industry specialists. This vacancy is just one of a number of vacancies that we are working in the meat sector – please get in touch for further details.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.