- Are you a skilled and enthusiastic Retail Butcher?
- Do you have, or are you looking to gain, management / leadership experience?
- Do you have a passion for delivering excellent customer service?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Butcher to take on the role of Assistant Butcher Manager within the Butchery / Delicatessen department at this “high end” food retail operation.
Role & Responsibilities
- Help with the management of a small team of Retail Butchers, Butchery Assistants and Deli Staff – leading by example and providing ongoing training and motivation to staff to deliver excellent levels of customer service.
- Deliver an outstanding experience to all customers.
- Full Carcass butchery
- Creating inspiring, innovative, seasonally changing displays
- Ensuring self-serve displays in chillers are attractive and shoppable
- Proactively sharing product information with the team and with customers
- All due diligence – health and safety, food safety etc.
- Monitoring sales and margin performance and taking action to ensure targets are met
- Stock control
- Play an active role in store set up and closedown.
- Participating in stocktakes, meetings and training as required.
- Deputise for the Butcher Manager as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Exceptional knife skills coupled with the ability to develop the butchery skills of those under you
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Commercial awareness and the understanding of yields and costs
- Ability to manage profit and loss margins.
- Be a good communicator at all levels
- Be honest, reliable and dedicated
- IT Proficiency
- Previous Management Experience – ideally gained as owner or manager of a Retail Butchers – would be seen as an advantage but is not essential.
This is a full-time position, days only (working 5 days from 7). Opening Hours to be confirmed but likely to be between 0800 – 1730 Monday – Saturday, 0900 – 1700 Sunday with the possibility of extended opening hours in the evening.
The successful candidate will be joining a multi-site multi-award winning family business with an excellent reputation in their sector. In return for meeting the above criteria the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary (remuneration dependant on skills and experience). Full training will be given and uniform will be provided. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of something new, put your mark on it and help establish this exciting new shop!
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.